Import from Microsoft Word to ScrewTurn Wiki
This add-on allows you to import MS Word documents into ScrewTurn Wiki.
ScrewTurn Wiki is a great open source wiki based on ASP.NET.
- Imports images
- Preserves formatting (bold, italic, underline, headers, lists)
- Imports tables
How to install
Make sure you have ScrewTurn Wiki 3.0. I suggest to try importer on test installation first.
Unzip and copy files to your ScrewTurn Wiki installation:
- ImportWord.aspx and ImportWord.aspx.cs go to the root, where the rest of .aspx files are.
- DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll and WindowsBase.dll go to bin subfolder, ScrewTurn.Wiki.dll should be there already.
How to use
- Open <your-wiki-URL>/ImportWord.aspx in browser
- Enter page title
- Select Word document (should be in 2007 or 2010 format)
- Click Import button
You should see imported page. Existing content gets overwritten (but you can
revert it back).
If images get imported as .emf files you need to cut them in Word and paste back
- 4 Bug fix.
- 3 Tables, create pages automatically, authorization (making sure the user has permissions to process the import).
- 2 Headers, lists (numbered and unnumbered), bold / italic / underline markup.
Open source. License is dual: GNU and MIT.
Feedback always welcome