Let’s say you use Far Manager and want to launch PowerShell script. With default installation pressing Enter on PowerShell script in Far Manager will open the script in Notepad. Not very helpful.
Here’s how to configure Far Manager to launch PowerShell script by pressing Enter key:
- Open Commands menu, select File associations.
- Press Ins key to add new association.
- Enter *.ps1 as file mask.
- Enter the following as execute command:
powershell.exe -file "!.!"
Bonus: how to change colour of PowerShell scripts to green:
- Open Options menu, select Files highlighting.
- Locate *.exe,*.com,*.bat entry, press Enter to edit.
- Add *.ps1 to the list, select Ok to save.
See also: Running Windows PowerShell Scripts
Update: there is an enhancement that allows passing arguments to the script and launch script in a separate window.
Hi, my name is Pavel and I want to quit my day job.
Where am I now
At the moment Iâ€™m working full time as software developer.
Where do I want to go
I have had an idea of starting my own business for quite some time. I decided to build my business on the side. Iâ€™m going to work on it part-time. My goal is to grow my business to the level where it could support me and my family. At that stage Iâ€™ll be able to quit my day job.
I have a lot of distance to cover. I need at least $5,000 per month to quit my day job:
- $1,900 â€“ home mortgage
- $2,000 â€“ living expenses (food, electricity, gas etc)
- $1,000 â€“ just in case (buffer)
Fortunately we donâ€™t have any credit card debt.
I definitely donâ€™t want to take any investments. I want to bootstrap my way up. My business should pay for itself.
I will post updates about my actions here, on this blog. Hopefully this will prevent somebody from making the same stupid mistakes as I do.
With this blog Iâ€™ll try to answer this question: â€œIs it possible to start home-based business on the side, without quitting day job?â€.